Spiga
Anti-aging addresses how to prevent, slow, or reverse the effects of aging and help people live longer, healthier, happier lives. It includes scientific research and applications in genetic engineering, tissue engineering, and other medical advances, e.g., finding treatments and cures for Alzheimer’s disease. It includes anti-aging psychology, e.g., coping skills for resiliently handling change, stress, and aging. Life extension is the part of anti-aging focused on living as long as possible.

The anti-aging marketplace includes nutrition, physical fitness, skin care, hormone replacements, vitamins, supplements, and herbs. Alternative medicine and holistic approaches have often been an incubator for approaches initially shunned by traditional medicine.

Aging Gracefully, Who Says!

I've learned a new meaning for 'sa' from my grandchildren. For me, "sa" has always meant the things that packed the pounds on my hips, the taste of root beer or the look in my little girls' faces when they wanted something from me. But today it seems that & # 39; sa '' cool 'in dialect hip teens. So, when I think of aging gracefully, if there is no such thing, I say 'sa' .

The other day I recalled the comedian Jackie Gleason's famous line as his character Ralph in the honeymoon, "How sa it is!" For me, that more things were darn good. So perhaps this latest fine-tuning the sense of 'sa' is not too far from Ralph's gleeful proclamations years when life was rockin 'with this idea Alice.

All pattern continued when I recently picked up on my local Barnes & Noble, a copy of Dr. Andrew Weil's new book "healthy ageing". According to Dr. Because we all start ageing from the date of birth,

He cited the words of a philosopher East, "The sun at midday, the sun decrease the person is the person born to die."

Aging really is not undone. It current century, we have no surprise to us alive forever. But on the positive side, his message is clear. In every age it is important to learn how to live in an appropriate manner in order to maximize health and happiness. This should really be a major target for all us.

 

Excerpt from Read Between My Lines by Sandra Hart Myartisansway Press 2007. Ms. Hart lives in New Jersey and is the author of four well-received non-fiction books.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Sandra_Hart

0 comments: