Spiga
Anti-aging addresses how to prevent, slow, or reverse the effects of aging and help people live longer, healthier, happier lives. It includes scientific research and applications in genetic engineering, tissue engineering, and other medical advances, e.g., finding treatments and cures for Alzheimer’s disease. It includes anti-aging psychology, e.g., coping skills for resiliently handling change, stress, and aging. Life extension is the part of anti-aging focused on living as long as possible.

The anti-aging marketplace includes nutrition, physical fitness, skin care, hormone replacements, vitamins, supplements, and herbs. Alternative medicine and holistic approaches have often been an incubator for approaches initially shunned by traditional medicine.

Aging - Keeping a Good Attitude As We Age

What we think depends on how old we feel. Did we think that we are fifty years old? Then we will probably feel too old. In my whole life I have fought a war against aging, do not deny that I am, but I think by the age of aging "is old". "Old" was always in my thoughts, in which at least 15 to 20 years older than I am ever determined at this time.

And I never said I'm too old for anything. If you say you are too old, you are too old. In general, I think it is important to always new things as we get older, even though I can not jump or try bungee ride the Hollywood Tower of Terror at Disney Land. But I do not have those things when I was twenty either. I also think it's important because we measure time with people who are younger than we are to spend old age, her younger attitude makes us optimistic and feel younger than when we are surrounded only by those who are older.

Studies show that psychosocial factors and genes, and general health, as we determine to help age. The fact that a positive, cheerful, optimistic and plans for the future is the image we have of ourselves and determine our feelings of being 'old'. (I have recently heard a seventy-five years old man who was building a new house.)

Many times in my life I thought I was just starting to get my life ", which is similar to the well-known saying," it is the first day of the rest of my life. "safely use this setting, the next thought," how much can I get the rest of my life? "The answer is:" a lot ". I think when we get older, it is important grow in our thoughts in order to continue to add to our lives and exposed to others, and constantly working through the remaining independent are, in whatever capacity life in our bodies we will be able to. "I can" should, no matter our age, are important words in our vocabulaties.

It is important, I also believe that confidence in our role in life. What is our role in life? "Are we involved grandparents, volunteer for a worthy organization or social butterflies? As long as we do in our role satisfaction and the feeling that our lives are full and we are accomplishing something, feel younger than we are, where we sat aloof and with few social contacts.

I also believe that coping strategies have a major impact on our health, and our aging process. There will be many changes in our lives that we are getting older when we are coping well, easier to get through. (My mother is an example of not well with the changes. She moved into an assisted living home, and because they do not fit well, she was going into and out of the hospital for several months, even as far as refusing to eat.)

So think young, live young and feel young. Live life to the fullest, Life is too short to feel before we're too old. You need to start when you're young, but remember that "young" can be any age.

 

Sylvia Behnish has published her first non-fiction novel entitled "Roller Coaster Ride With Brain Injury (For Loved Ones)" which tells of their journey along the path of progress during the year following her partner's brain injury. She has also had numerous articles published in newspapers and magazines in both Canada and the United States.

To order "Roller Coaster Ride With Brain Injury (For Loved Ones)" go to: orders@trafford.com
Website: http://www.talesbysylvia.com
Blog: http://www.progressofabraininjury.blogspot.com

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Sylvia_Behnish

0 comments: